Flowers That Are Deadly


My dear children, few days back I told you about some beautiful flowers which are very poisonous and deadly .They are so harmful for  human beings that they even cause the death of a person if he consumes any of these flowers .
Today I am going to tell you about some more flowers of that kind .
                                   
                                          Fox Glove



This is a large flowering shrub. These flowers are used for making honey which is called mad honey. This honey has hallucinogenic effects. This plant's granotoxin can paralyze a person and can even cause death.
                                     Autumn Crocus 




This is a beautiful plant which contains colchicines. Just in case if a person consumes it, the effect of the flower is deadly and like arsenic poisoning which has no cure. 

                                    Angels Trumpet



This beautiful flower is a native to America and is exceptionally dangerous. It has a toxin which can be fatal to human beings as well as a number of animals. 

Oleander



Look how beautiful these flowers are! But actually they are one of the most poisonous plants on earth. This plant contains a number of toxic compounds which affect the nervous , digestive and cardiovascular systems, all at the same time! 
So my dear children always be careful and be safe! 

 Love -Aunt Mary




23 comments:

  1. Thanks for this information. I didn't know them before:)
    By the way, I am having problem with my blog: joysnotepad.blogspot.com because all my new entries were not published in blogger.
    So, I am still around although you are not seeing any udates from me. I have many entries already published in google:)
    I made new blog to replace my other blog: willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com I had problems there too. So I create a new one: joysupsanddowns.blogspot.com
    See you around:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome my friend , wish you best of luck for your new blog :)
      I will visit your blog very soon :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful yet deadly.. Thanks for sharing Aunt Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is forever saying “the more beautiful it is the deadlier it is” and in the case of these flowers, it’s obviously true! Thanks for sharing this important information Aunt Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome , your husband is right this beauty is really deadly :)

      Delete
  5. We had Oleander plant in our garden, but I never knew it is poisonous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is poisonous dear, thank you so much for the kind visit ; )


      Delete
  6. A lot of people here have Oleander, I also love Foxglove a very pretty plant.

    Barbara's husband is right.

    Thanks for the info Aunt Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michelle,
      These plants are very beautiful! But have really dangerous effects.
      Yes Barbara's husband is right that we should not judge a book by its cover. :)
      Your welcome dear! :)

      Delete
  7. Isn't mama nature amazing and quite brutal?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes , she is a little brutal you can say but she is soooooo kind towards us too ,
    and I think she loves us and really cares for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-- did not know that about most of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind visit and read :)

      Delete
  10. They are actually beautiful.
    thanks for info, aunt Mary.

    the angel trumpet is called bell flower here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome my happy child :)
      nice to know about the Bell flower :)

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness I didn't know any of this at all! Thank you for sharing and bringing awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming and reading :)

      Delete
  12. wow! those flowers are really beautiful....however they are deadly!
    nice to know that! thanks for the info, Aunt Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ric , I am glad that you liked it :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for sharing. It's really useful info. I like your blog.

    Regards,
    Iffa
    lesssugartea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Iffa , thank you so much for your kind words :)
      Love -Aunt Mary

      Delete