A Young man's wish (Chinese folktale)

Once there was an old man who lived in a cave. The old man was so intelligent and knowledgeable .People believed that the old man got some magical powers and he was able to solve their problems. 



One day a young man came to visit the old man. 

"What is the purpose of your visit ",asked the old man.
''O my respected elder , I have a wish ,will you please grant my wish?" , said the young man.
''What is your wish ?", the old man asked.
"Sir, I want to help the needy people for my whole life.I want to serve the human kind."

"Oh! that is very noble wish, I am giving you a magic box it will help you to make your wish come true'', said the old man.
''Thank you so much sir, I am really grateful to you.", the happy young man said.
''But keep in mind , that you must open this box only after reaching home'', the old man warned the man. 

On the way to home out of curiosity the young man opened the magic box. And guess what ? He immediately turned into a coconut tree. 
But his wish still came true as the coconut tree is very useful and has a lot of benefits for human kind.
                                               Chinese Folktale
                                           Re-told by-Aunt Mary

12 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, I hope all is well with you and yours. Another wonderfully inspirational story, I love these folk tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice meeting you again my dear friend , thank you so much for the kind visit and words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy , nice to have you here again :)

      Delete
  4. Think about what you mean when wishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Roberto , nice to see you here, thank you very much :)

      Delete
  5. Yes that's right , thank you so much for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to have you back, Auntie!!!

    The web felt lonely without the kindness and warm of your presence!

    You know, also I received a magic box in the shape of an Elf, I must not open it, he opens himself with no help and flood my life!! :))))))

    I loved your tale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes od I felt lonely too without great and kind friends like you , I am feeling so good talking to you again , thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what would the young man turn into if he didn't open the box too soon. Anyway, he's still so lucky having his wish fulfilled!

    A nice story. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, ha nice one dear, I am glad that you liked the tale , thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete