Biggest Flower of The World - Rafflesia


        
      "Rafflesia is the largest flower in the world.It is also known as  corpse flower,these flowers are 3 feet in diameter that means by  width and length they are very large.    
Rafflesia was first found in the Rain forest of Indonesia by an Indonesian guide. Apart from Indonesia it is also found in Thailand,Philippines and some other places of Southern Asia.It is the biggest single flower on the Earth, the strange thing about this flower is that it smells like dead animal or any rotten object that's why flies are attracted to it,it has no stem ,no leaves or true roots. Rafflesia is the official State flower of Indonesia.

             
I hope you like this article and it will help to increase your General Knowledge.
            -  Aunt Mary



11 comments:

  1. Dear Aunt Mary

    Well! You learn something every day. I didn't know that, what a flower. It looks like something from Alice in Wonderland or the Wizard of Oz. I can't stop looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle, I am glad that you liked my post your appreciation means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aunt Mary!
    That's such an interesting article, thanks for sharing! I love the diversity of nature and the fact that such a beautiful flower has such an awkward smell. Heaven really is a place on earth!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot , you are right that nature has diversity its just
    amazing . Please keep visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Aunt Mary, we have Rafflesia here in the Philippines. Although I haven't seen an actual flower yet. So true, our world is full of wonderful things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes its wonderful, thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is amazing!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,

    This is so nice. :) I think I am still like a child and always trying to find new things!! So the blog is for me too right? :)

    Thank you for your visit. :)


    Irina
    http://www.weirdomatic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Irina for your kind words,I am just like you .
    I would always love to visit your blog that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete