God Helps Those Who Help Themselves( Moral Story)


                                                                   
Once three farmer brothers and their old mother lived in a village. They were simple and hard working  people.They had a nice vegetable farm and were living a happy life.

Unfortunately a flood came and destroyed their village.

Thankfully the farmer family managed to gather their savings and some belongings.
 Now they decided to migrate somewhere else. 
''Let's go to my parents' village'' ,said the old woman, I have some share in my late parents' land. I will ask my brother to give me my share. We can start farming there. "
The woman  reached her parents' home with her sons.

She asked her brother for her share. Her brother was selfish and mean. He kept all the good parts of land with him and gave her sister a small piece of land where there were no sources of water available around.
''You can stay here for few days but make your own arrangements as soon as possible.", he told his sister and nephews rudely.
The woman got so disappointed with her brother.


 "Don't worry mother, we must be satisfied with what we have got and shouldn't waste our time in fighting and complaining. Let's think about getting out of this place.'' ,said the eldest son. 
First they made a small shelter in a corner of their land and started  living there. Somehow they managed to collect water for drinking and other uses.But farming needs a lot of water, how could they get water to farm?
They kept their worries for water aside and started tilling the land. 

The three brothers worked  very hard every day.                                                                                                                        
''We are almost done with tilling , only a small portion of land is left. Now we need water for planting seeds.''  Second brother got so tensed.
"Have faith in God , hopefully we will solve this problem." the elder brother told his younger brother. 

Next day when the youngest of the three brothers was digging the soil he saw the fresh reed grass in a corner. The presence of reed grass indicated that there was water under the ground.

                                          
The thrilled young man called his mother and his brothers '' Look there, that is reed grass!''
"Oh! That means there is water here! Reed grows near water.", the mother exclaimed happily.
  ''God showed them the way.''

 ''We don't need to worry about water anymore , I am sure we will  get water on our own land.'' ,eldest brother was hopeful as always.

                                         
The brave and laborious brothers started to dig the soil to find  water. After the continuous labor and hard work of several days they reached the water table.


The  efforts of the three young men finally paid off. The difficult time was over and the good days were about to come soon.

Moral of the story- God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
                                                      

                                                                                - Aunt Mary               
                                                                                               

You may also like 
Where there is a will there is a way(Moral Story)
Time and tide wait for none ( Moral Story)


54 comments:

  1. Another great story with a lesson to be learnt, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, God Helps those who help themselves.
    But God will not abandon those who help others...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should help ourselves and we should help others because '' We rise by lifting others.''
      Have a nice day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Rajesh, you are right, thank you so much for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's a lot for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  5. Amen to that. There is a reward for those who work hard, have a positive attitude and faith in God. Lovely story:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Joy, thank you very much for the wonderful comment :)

      Delete
  6. This is so true Aunt Mary. My mantras in life have always been As you sow, so shall you reap and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful and true words Barbara , thank you so much for your kind visit :)

      Delete
  7. this story was really amazing and helped me in my project as i have to present to present it infront of my teacher.thankyou aunt mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sweety Pie,
    I am so pleased that to know that. Thank you so much for the lovely comment.
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It helped me so much
    I just copied it in my copy and my teacher gave me an excellent
    Ttthhhhhaaaannnkkkksssss so ok much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my unknown visitor,
      I am so glad to hear that you got excellent after writing this story in your notebook. Thank you so much for visiting:)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you so much , please keep reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  11. it's great story ended with an inspiring Moral :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog and thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Delete
  12. Aunt Mary ! You are a Darling :) Thanks for the Blog :) Ashok from India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashok for the kind visit, I am happy that you liked the blog :)

      Delete
  13. awesome story .... what can be the title for this story ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, God Helps 'Those Who Help Themselves' is the title of this story :)

      Delete
    2. The story was great it help me in mY holiday homework thank u aunt mary����

      Delete
    3. The story was great it help me in mY holiday homework thank u aunt maryπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  14. the story was nice and helped me a lot.... bt what can be its title other than the "god help those who help themselves......"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow i loved this story

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a nice and helpful story
    I like it ��






    ReplyDelete
  17. Thirsty crow bhi lg sakti hy kia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have written the story, '' The Thirsty Crow''
      Here is the link of the story https://easyway1234.blogspot.in/2018/01/the-thirsty-crow-moral-story.html

      Delete
  18. Thirsty crow bhi lg sakti hy kia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice story
    Well done
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are very creative

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanking you for sharing this inspiring and motivating story....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Work hard n get reward as per hardwork

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome story.... I thank you so much @Aunt Mary.... It helped me too much in my exam... Can you please write a story on "friends and flatterers"?? I hope you write something special on this topic....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks aunt mary I'm also find this topic because yesterday i have to present to present it infront of my teacher.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aunt Mary are you just crazy. You have written a story about my neighbours. Yhanxxxxxsss.

    ReplyDelete
  26. THANKYOU so much ..nice story it helped me too much in my assignment

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this story I became 1 St in story writing competition thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this story for school

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice story ma'am loved it.....really great storyπŸ˜ŠπŸ’žπŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's aunty marry I don't know you all that comments aunty marry I love you and always that please comment me whose anti-marry

      Delete
  30. This is not the story i was finding it is about the brothers Lu and ching. But the story was cool

    ReplyDelete
  31. God helps those who helps themselves

    ReplyDelete
  32. It’s a great story Aunt Mary. Thank you so much! You deserve this comment

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good story thanks so much Aunt mary! You deserve this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete