Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch (Moral Story)

Milkmaid and her pail

Once there lived a milkmaid in a small old town. Everyday early in the morning she milked the cow and sold the milk in the market. One day the milkmaid was going on her way to sell the milk.
She carried a pail on her head which was full of fresh milk. 
''Today the cow has given more milk than she normally does, how good it will be if she gives some more milk everyday. 
That means I will  get some extra money everyday.'' The milkmaid muttered happily.''With that money I will buy some hens.
 I will take a good care of the hens. The hens will lay eggs and when the eggs will hatch, healthy chickens will come out from those eggs.'' The young milkmaid couldn't stop thinking.'' When they grow up I will sell those chickens in the market at a good price and with that money I will buy more hens. More hens means more chickens and more money.Oh! I will become so rich.The  milkmaid continued making plans. ''I am young and beautiful and now I will become rich too. Every handsome young man of the town will want to marry me but I will say yes to the man that I like the most,
 she nodded her head to say yes, and as she moved her head the pail of milk fell down and broke and the milk flowed away. Poor milkmaid, she shouldn't have counted her chickens before hatching. 
Moral of the story-Don't count your chickens before they hatch.                                                       Aesop's fable re-told by -Aunt Mary

Chickens coming out of hatching eggs
      Meaning of the moral- It is not good to make plans based on             something before it really happens.                                                     You May Also Like 

39 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to visit you Aunt Mary!
    Great post!

    Many thanks for visiting my last post
    I am sorry it was such a sad one.
    Thanks for the prayers , they are greatly appreciated!

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie,
      So good to see you here, thank you so much for visiting.Glad that you liked the moral story.
      God bless you :)




      Delete
    2. Very easy and amusing story

      Delete
  2. Really good advice Aunt Mary. I try not to count my chickens...
    Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbara,
      Thank you so much for your sweet comment. We all should not count our chickens...
      Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
    2. Great work aunty!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful moral story Aunt Mary, please share more stories like this. I am looking for a story based on all that glitters is not gold. Could you please write a story about that?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saba,
      Thank you so much.I am glad to know that you liked the story.Yes, I will soon publish a story containing the moral all that glitters is not gold.Please keep reading :)

      Delete
  4. A saying I always associated with my nana who was full of words of wisdom.

    Great story well told, thanks Aunt Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracy, I am glad that this post reminded you of your Nana. That is really a wonderful saying. Thank you so much for your kind words.
      Have a great day :)

      Delete
  5. A very sweet story with practical wisdom Aunt Mary. It also reminded me of a book with the title 'Count your chickens before they hatch' by Arindam Choudhary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful words Somali. I have not heard about this book but I will surely like to read it.It is always a pleasure to have you here:)

      Delete
  6. An excellent story with a priceless moral lesson. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Vishal and thank you very much for the lovely comment, glad that you liked the story.Hope you will visit again :)

      Delete
  7. very sweetly put. very emphatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog and thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation.Please keep visiting :)

      Delete
  8. Reminds me of the good old fairy tales with fantastic morals...Revisiting them again through your lovely story Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very warm welcome to my blog,
      I am so happy that you liked the story. Thank you much for your beautiful comment :)

      Delete
  9. Very excellent and sweet story. Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Suzette, Thank's a lot for reading and for your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  10. Welcome to my blog, I am glad that you liked this fable. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whzt a wonderful story . plz share more stories like this, i mean another story with the same meaning or the same proverb
    Ps: i need it plz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please in this title don't count your chickens tell me any other stories that most commonly used in low classes

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice story but so long aunty mary this story is very moral story i like this story and you please

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice story l like this story so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very simple story and easy to understand. Thanks Aunt Mary for such a nice story. I just loved it. Keep posting stories like this...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful story i love it 😍😘🤩

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful stories i love it 😍😘🤩

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Aunt Mary it is very helpful to complete my homework

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! this is a very big moral to people . I love it. thank you for posting it, God bless you so much. you will write many stories that are so interesting in Jesus name ,Amen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice story thank you for the story

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. The article is nice and it’s pleasant to read. Thank you so much for this post. Read more blogs related to celebrities biography

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you am grateful

    ReplyDelete